List of RPG terms
This is a list of RPG terms used by game designers involved in RPG design projects.
- hit roll
- The actual roll that determines whether or not one character or monster hits another. See Battle mechanics
- damage roll
- The roll that determines the exact damage dealt.
- A weighted modification to a roll.
- player character
- A character who can be included in the party of the player.
- NPC or non-player character
- Any character not played by the character that isn't a monster.
- Gold pieces
- Silver pieces
- Copper pieces
- Hit points - the number of arbitrary units of health that a player has.
- Magic or mana points - the number of arbitrary units of magical charge a player can use to cast spells.
page revision: 5, last edited: 27 Jan 2015 07:14