rstr string ( numb )
- rstr - the returned string
- numb - the real number to convert
string() converts a real number into a string.
Example of Use
my_number = "42"; converted_number = string(my_number);
You can use string() with room_caption to help you debug if you are not keen on using the Game Maker debugger. This has to be done because room_caption can only be set to strings.
room_caption = string(hspeed);
This will display the hspeed in the room_caption.
- is_real() - check to see in a value is a real number.
- is_string() - check to see if a value is a string.
- real() - convert a real number to a string.