GML, or Game Maker Language, is Game Maker's built-in scripting language. It is used to program more complex games that is possible with drag and drop. It can be used in the Execute a piece of code action or be written in scripts that can be called at any time.
GML has a variable syntax, which is to say that it can be written in the syntax of several languages. The most common syntax used is C/C++ style syntax.
Data and Data Structures
Data Type Functons
- is_real() - check if a variable contains a real number
- is_string() - check to see if a variable contains a string
- real() - convert a string into a real number
- string() - convert a real number into a string
- Create a Variable
- Make a Variable Negative
- Limit the Value of a Variable
- Swap the Values of Two Variables