This part of the FreeBASIC section will teach you core programming. If you are a complete beginner, you need to start here. If you are not a complete beginner and are new to FreeBASIC, you should at least review this section.
There is actually no such thing as "game programming". Game programming is the use of core programming for the purpose of making games. Therefore, by learning core programming, you will be learning the fundamental building blocks you will be using while you are making games.
- Hello World Tutorial - the first tutorial most programmers read.
- Identifiers Tutorial - what is in a name?
- Literal Tutorial - when programming languages mean what they say.
- Comment Tutorial - when and when not to use the secret messages
- Constant Tutorial - sometimes you just wanna save time.
- Input and Output Tutorial I - get input, give output
- Input and Output Tutorial II - better output
- Variables in FreeBASIC Tutorial I - a place to put stuff.
- Variables in FreeBASIC Tutorial II - mastering variables
- Conditional statements
- Mathematical Operators
- Program Flow in FreeBASIC Tutorial - jumping around
- Arrays in FreeBASIC Tutorial I [In Progress] - simple arrays
- Code Blocks
- Subroutine Tutorial I - structuring your code.
- Conditional Statements
- UDT Tutorial - user defined types
- Random Numbers Tutorial - learn to generate random numbers.
This page has been recommended for cleanup, integration, etc.