If you've never programmed before, you should start with a Core Programming tutorial. In this section of Basic4GL, you will learn the fundamentals of programming.
- Basic4GL minimum - the minimum you need to do to get a error-free Basic4GL project running.
- Hello World Tutorial - every programmer starts here.
- Variables in Basic4GL Tutorial - all about variables.
- Input and Output in Basic4GL Tutorial - simple input and output in Basic4GL.
- Basic4GL Subroutines - Basic4GL uses an ancient method of subroutines. Since this method is not generally used by modern-day BASICs, here's a tutorial to get you up to speed on the past.
2D Game Programming
- Background - Draw a sprite, set the position, and make it the 'background'
Text Game Programming
- Game Structure Tutorial - The general structure of a game.
ASCII Game Programming
- ASCII Game Primer - the very basics of making an ASCII game.
- Game Loop Tutorial - keeping your game going until it is over.
page revision: 26, last edited: 26 Apr 2015 16:33